Saturday 14 March 2015

The power of being optimistic!

Although my mom has always been a staunch believer of positive thinking,I never really believed in the powers of positive thinking. Unlike mom,I would always think about the worst outcome of everything be it exams or just a normal day. It resulted in me stressing out on the most minor things.
It is no breaking news that stress can lead to a lot of diseases and consequently,I was soon diagnosed with migraine because of my perspective towards life. My mother had to convince me a lot to at least try thinking positive things for a few days. And she promised me that if I did not feel the effects,I was free to go back to my ways.
I knew I had nothing to lose. Ironic as it may sound,but the worst possible outcome would be that I wouldn't feel any changes. I started reading up on positive thinking before jumping into it. "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne helped me to get a headstart about thinking positive and being optimistic. I made sure to see their documentary too and I knew that I had to start thinking positively.
It was difficult at first considering that I had always been a pessimistic and it isn't easy to let go of a habit that has been a part of you for almost 16 years. I started out slowly and I always had to tell myself to be optimistic. Gradually,positive thinking came on its own. I was turning into an optimistic from a pessimist! And that isn't easy ,my friend.
I could feel the changes that being an optimistic brought about. Not only did it give me great results in life but it improved my health. As the stress reduced,the frequency of migraines gradually decreased over a period of a year. Those who suffer from migraines definitely know how nasty they can get! Imagine being almost free from migraine. And all that just because you changed your attitude.
Do you know that a butterfly cannot fly? But the butterfly is unaware of this,and flies around the world,charming people and adding to the nature's beauty. If this is not being optimistic,I don't know what is.
Life isn't all that complicated as we human beings make it out to be. It is all in the mind. If we are optimistic about life,we are sure to feel the optimism in air too.
I remember a quote I had read when the leader of the army was told that they were surrounded by their enemies from all sides. The leader's reply was simple and left everyone speechless. He was happy that now they can shoot in any direction as they were surrounded by enemies! Who would have thought that in such a dire situation?
Change your thinking today and be optimistic. Life is beautiful,friends.
This post has been inspired by the optimistic website Look Up

No comments:

Post a Comment